Private Yacht Amenities
USCG Licensed Sailing Vessel
Staffed by Captain & Crew
Private for 2-6 Passengers
Open Deck Lounge & Cabin Lounge with Table Seating for 6
Complimentary Bottled Water & Ice Included
Want to know more about yachting? Some of the frequently asked questions are answered below:
- Do you serve food and drinks?
Yes! Dining by the Statue of Liberty is available. Our traditional yachting menu is available for brunch, lunch, appetizers, and light dinner. Order in advance and step aboard with everything in place awaiting your arrival. Crew will provide your party with food and drink service.
- Can we bring alcoholic beverages with us?
Of course, we’re sailors! BYOB is welcome on our boat. Complimentary champagne and wine glasses, cups, tableware and bottled water are onboard for you.
- Is there a bathroom on the boat?
Yes! Our comfortable lavatory includes personal cloth towels and luxury amenities.
- Are kids allowed?
Yes! We love kids (and their parents). NY State law requires kids 13 and under to wear a life jacket. Life jackets are available for all passengers including the littlest ones.
- Are pets allowed?
Service animals are welcome but pets should stay home. It’s easy for our furry friends to fall overboard and almost impossible to rescue from New York Harbor’s strong currents and tides.
- What if the weather forecast calls for rain?
In our experience the weatherman gets the forecast correct about half the time. Very rarely does weather force a cancellation but, if there’s a chance of rain, the captain will monitor the radar and decide 2 hours prior whether the boat will be able to go out on the water. If it does rain, we will reschedule your voyage.
- What is your cancellation policy?
We’re not able to offer refunds but we can provide a complimentary rescheduling (subject to availability). Send your request for a complimentary reschedule at least 24 hours prior to departure via email to [email protected]
- Do people get motion sickness on a small boat charter?
Very rarely but it can happen. Our boat is steady at sea but sometimes the NY Harbor can get bumpy. If you suspect you might get motion sickness, please take motion sickness medication prior to departure.
- Is smoking or vaping allowed on the boat?
For your safety, smoking and vaping is not allowed onboard.
Each cruise is flexible in nature due to tides, winds and other weather conditions. DBNY will do their best to stick to the cruising schedule but cannot be held responsible for cruises that end earlier or later than scheduled. There are no full or partial refunds for cruises ending prior to the scheduled arrival time.
DBNY reserves the right to cancel any cruise due to mechanical failure and/or adverse weather conditions. Adverse conditions include but are not limited to: excessive winds, thunder and lightning storms, small craft advisory, and other extreme conditions.
If there’s a chance of rain, the Captain will monitor the weather and decide 2 hours prior whether it is safe to cruise. If conditions are unsafe, the Captain will cancel the cruise. Only the Captain can cancel a cruise. Cancellations due to adverse weather conditions or mechanical failure will be able to reschedule within one year, subject to availability during the NYC cruising season (approximately April 1 – October 31). No refunds will be issued. Rescheduled cruises are not able to be changed, canceled, or refunded.
All sales are final. DBNY is not able to offer refunds. One complimentary rescheduling during the current boating season is available. Requests for rescheduling are subject to availability and must be sent at least 5 days prior to departure via email to [email protected]. Boarding time is 5 minutes before departure. If you arrive late, or someone in your party arrives late or does not show up, there is no refund or rescheduling.
You agree, and all members of your cruising party agree, to the following Terms and Conditions:
- Smoking and vaping are not allowed on the vessel.
- Red wine and hard coolers are not allowed on the vessel.
- Illegal drugs are not allowed on the vessel.
- Service animals are permitted, pets are not.
- Passengers are responsible for their personal items.
- The passenger/agent booking DBNY must provide a valid photo ID matching the credit card provided for booking. If the passenger/agent refuses to provide a valid photo ID matching the credit card used for booking prior to boarding, then the cruising party will not be able to board and a full or partial refund will not be issued.
- All passengers must show a valid photo ID prior to boarding.
- By booking a cruise with DBNY, you agree that we may take photographs or video of the cruise or for the event you are attending, and we may use those photographs or video on our website and for other promotional purposes.
- DBNY recommends that you wear a USCG approved Life Jacket. Adults 18 years and older have the sole responsibility to decide if they want to wear a Life Jacket. Passengers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Parents or guardians are responsible for determining if a minor age 14-17 must wear a Life Jacket. New York State law requires persons 13 years of age and under to wear a Life Jacket. USCG requires all infants and children, regardless of age, to be considered in the six-person maximum. Maximum 3 children on the vessel. Each child must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Cruising and boating is inherently dangerous and all risks outside the reasonable control of the owners or operators of DBNY are waived. DBNY captain will determine the safe operating speed of the vessel based on current conditions and debris in the harbor. DBNY has the right to refuse or terminate passengers DBNY judges incapable of meeting the rigors or requirements of a passenger for the safety of other passengers and employees. DBNY shall not be liable for damages for emotional distress, mental suffering/anguish, psychological injury, or damage to or loss of personal property. DBNY shall have the benefit of all statues of the United States of America providing for limitation and exoneration from liability.
- DBNY shall not be liable for any claims for personal injury, illness, or death unless filed within 1 year after the voyage. DBNY shall not be liable for any other claims unless filed within six months after the voyage. You agree to release and hold harmless DBNY, its owners, and employees from liability and responsibility for personal injury, property damage, or wrongful death, however caused, including but not limited to product defect or the negligence of the released parties. All disputes and matters whatsoever arising under, in connection with or incident to this contract shall be litigated before the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York in Manhattan or before a court located in New York County, New York.
In consideration of being allowed to board the vessel of Karla Boat NYC, LLC DBA Dreamboat NY (DBNY), you understand, acknowledge and agree that in the past 5 days, neither you nor anyone in your cruising party, has:
- Experienced any symptoms of COVID-19
- Tested positive for COVID-19
If the status changes for you or anyone in your cruising party prior to departure, you understand that you must contact DBNY, and you understand that the individual will not be allowed to board the vessel until 5 days after symptoms or positive diagnosis.